Agua de sandia aka Watermelon Water


Well, for our first sunny day in a couple weeks and time for some warm weather food!

Aguas are popular in Mexico, and you can find big containers filled with Watermelon, Lemon, Lime, Tamarind, Hibiscus, and Strawberry, all wonderful fruits and refreshing.



Chop the fruit into pieces your blender can handle.


I think of my Grandma Easterday every time I use my blender. It was her Osterizer, and you can't beat an old machine. They work so much better than anything new I've tried.

Sorry about the blurr.  Add sugar to taste and water to it helps it all mix.


Add water to the mix, and taste. I really play this one by ear, I don't use a set amount because each fruit has it's own sweetness and varies per harvest, too.

You can see the separation of fruit from water in the picture below.
This is a mouthful of sunshine. Enjoy!

Labels: , ,